Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Struggling Forward

My blood cell counts are striking bottom pretty much on schedule. Over the next few days, they should begin to recover, aided in part by the daily injections of Neupogen that were commenced on Monday.

Meanwhile, some of the side effects have intensified. My original anti-nausea drug, prochlorparazine, was not doing much good, so now we are trying ondansetron again. Due to some mucositis in the throat and esophagus, plus diarrhea, I am having trouble keeping myself properly hydrated, so I have been getting IVs for this in the IPOP clinic each day. For all of the above reasons,
I'm also having trouble finding things I can eat and keep down, so I'm losing weight.

On the bright side, so far there has been no hint of fever, or anything else that would indicate that I have any kind of infection requiring that I be IVed with an antibiotic/antiviral/antifungal.

No comments:

Post a Comment