Monday, September 7, 2009

On The Road Again

Today I drove a motor vehicle for the first time in more than three months. Huong drove me to a nearby elementary school parking lot, got out, and made her way to a place of safety. But actually I had no trouble at all, aside from a slight loss of fine pedal control at the beginning. That problem seemed to be resolving itself with practice, and eventually she decided that she was reasonably safe as my passenger, and assumed the shotgun position that I have been stuck in for all these months. I drove her to a grocery store in a nearby strip shopping center, and then home. Not very far, to be sure; but it appears to me that my major problem as a driver is likely to be back and leg discomfort on longer journeys, rather than anything to do with actually controlling the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment