Friday, July 10, 2009

Chemotherapy Begins At Last

UPS arrived this morning with the first shipment of the chemotherapy money drug Revlimid, so chemotherapy officially commenced at 10:30 A.M. EDT. I took a huge 40 mg dose of the steroid dexamethasone (ten 4 mg tablets), followed by a 25 mg capsule of Revlimid. For the 28-day cycle, I will take Revlimid once each day for the first 21 days, followed by 7 days off. I will take the 40 mg dose of dexamethasone once each week for four weeks. As of right now, the only observable side effect is profuse perspiration, most likely inspired by the steroid hit. I am expecting other things to begin happening as I continue to take the Revlimid, though.

It has been an eventful day, as the new lift recliner was also delivered. Big improvement immediately noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment